Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Well, I finished reading "The Way of a Ship" by Derek Lundy. I don't think I can ever truly understand the adventure that rounding the Horn of South America in a wind-driven ship must have felt like, but this book did a pretty good job of taking me right into the action.

Based partly on his own experiences as a deep-water sailor, and family history and lore, Lundy researched the history and trends of wind-driven four-masted barques, bring the past and the present together in a well written read.

If you want to round the Horn without risk of limb or life, this book is a great read!

1 comment:

  1. Considering how much I LOVE boats, I'm thinking this will not be one that I will toss onto the read me pile :) I'd never stop having falling overboard dreams.

    I am constantly amazed at how quickly you can zip through books.

    ReplyDelete