Sunday, March 22, 2009

I am weirdly happy right now. I think it has a lot to do with seasonal change, Winter's back has finally been broken and Spring is right around the corner. The yard is filling up with chipmunks and squirrels sizing each other up, and the skunks have been digging holes in the lawn, looking for tasty grubs. The birds have rediscovered the birdseed mess under the feeders, which has been covered by snow. I heard raccoons thumping around the suet feeders last night, so bears are sure to follow.
I took the shrink-a-dink plastic off one set of sliders today, as the cats had already ripped a huge hole in it in January. I swept away a seasons worth of cat hair, and rearranged the floor plant jungle, and let the sun shine in. It felt great to just shift a few items and see a room differently.
I am trying to achieve balance in so many aspects of my life that I feel like I am slipping and sliding off a tin roof....rusted! If all it takes to set me on a happy path is a splot of sunshine and the promise of spring...bring it on!
Haven't seen the robins yet, but I am sure they will be here soon, perhaps this week!
Happy to all!

1 comment:

  1. The change of seasons - I remember that. Spring lasted here in Jacksonville, about a week. It comes and goes so quickly that if you talk on the phone for too long, you've missed it.

    I don't like that you have bears. That just freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete