Saturday, March 14, 2009

I guess that I wanted to create a blog that reflected my personal connection to books, and I wanted to write reviews of some of my fave titles. Like so many good ideas, it has taken more of my already fractured time than I was willing or able to commit to.

I have discovered that there is a simplicity in many of the blogs I have viewed, a bit of text here, a lovely photo there, and lots and lots of "stream-of-consciousness" blurbs. There is something freeing in writing openly, without the habit of revision, something I am interested in tapping into.

I have been on FB for a while now, and am used to writing short little blurbs to my friends etc, and posting my status frequently. I enjoy looking at what others in my life are up to, with a quick glance at the status feed...voyeuristic and impersonal but habit forming.
I have also enjoyed tweeting way on Twitter, learning how to express myself in 140 characters has been challenging but informing. Finding people to follow has been even more fun than FB...no need to ask permission, just click and follow. Right now my new best friends who tweet the most have been PDiddy (who knew), Perez Hilton, Scott Simon of NPR, Cooper Anderson, and Reduced Shakespeare!

I think that I am going to be able to blurb more if I just "let go" of my desire to produce well crafted writings...I just need to write, and I will! I plan on mentioning books a lot, but not always!

1 comment:

  1. I wrote on my blog once in 2006, once again in 2007 and then finally started blogging nearly every day in 2008. I thought I had to do it perfectly or to be dedicated to a certain theme. Once I decided to just write what I wanted to write was when it became fun.

    I'd like to write about the Law of Attraction and all of the wonderful things I have read in the books that make my mind just go off in clouds of thoughts - but I don't have enough material to write about that every day and I don't find it that interesting as a day to day writing project.

    I love to just write! Tell people what I'm doing, how much I love a certain cleaning product, and whatever else comes to mind. :)

    You can change your blog to anything you want. It is totally fluid and completely up to you. Isn't that just a joy to realize that? It's your baby, Bob!

    Love, Bob

    ReplyDelete